How To GET Your Life Back Together - Dopamine Fast 8-3-2019


If you're struggling to find motivation to get things in order, this "Dopamine Fast" video explains why.

Here are some suggestions for the Dopamine Fast technique, as told by Top Think:

Allow 1 day for zero dopamine release by fasting. Here are the rules:

ELIMINATE:
Food
Phone
Internet, Social Media, Videos, Netflix
TV
Movies
Music
Video games
Substances: alcohol, caffeine, drugs, nicotine
Friends
Talking
All sexual activity
Reading Books: fiction or non-fiction

ALLOWED:
Walk outside
Meditate
Drink Water
Write in a journal

Here's why it works. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter for seeking rewards. It provides us with motivation. When we allow ourselves to be rewarded too much, we no longer seek the rewards.

By dopamine fasting, we reset the transmitters, thus revving up our potential to "go out and get it." Dopamine also masks pain. It's important to uncover our pain-points & problems so we know what obstacles we need to overcome to be successful. We can't move forward without facing our pain, depression and worries.

This is why journaling during the process is so important. It allows our subconscious mind to reflect on what's holding us back and find solutions for improving.

Watch the video and commit a date to doing a dopamine fast.

PERSONAL JOURNAL

I spent a month camping in the woods after things in life weren't moving forward. The nearest store was 10 miles away and it wasn't an easy drive.

I committed to no substances, including coffee, and food was limited. There was no internet, no cell service and no t.v.

Journaling, swimming and walking trails was how I past the time.

What amazing discoveries I learned about myself - and what pains I uncovered! The experience cleared my mind of all the "city clutter." I could finally "hear" myself. She was telling me a lot of change was necessary in order to have the life I wanted and deserved.

Fast forward one year, I have clear direction and motivation. Although it is time for another dopamine fast as I'm encountering lots of change towards success. Each step of the way requires building up motivation to learn and work harder on my goals.

Update: 

8-3-2019 - Turns out I had a lot more work to do. But dopamine fasting is tremendously important in hearing our inner voice.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Feel Peace: Self Forgiveness